Rights of Fresher’s: All 1st year students are bonafide students of the institute and they should desist from doing anything against their will even if ordered by the seniors, and they have nothing to fear as the institution cares for them and shall not tolerate any atrocities against them.
Ragging in educational institutions is banned and any one indulging in ragging is likely to be punished appropriately, which may include expulsion from the institution, suspension from the institution or classes for a limited period or fine with a public apology. The punishment may also take the shape of (i) withholding scholarships of other benefits, (ii) debarring from representation in events, (iii) withholding results, (iv) suspension of expulsion from hostel or mess, and the like, if the individuals committing or abetting ragging are not/cannot be identified, collective punishment can be awarded to act as deterrent.
What constitutes Ragging: - Ragging constitutes one or more of any of the following:
1. Teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student;
2. Causing annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student;
3. Asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other student;
4. Preventing, disrupting or disturbing the regular academic activity of any other student or a fresher;
5. Exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or a group of students.
6. Financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any other student;
7. Physical abuse including all variants of it: sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health or person;
8. Act or abuse by spoken words, emails, posts, public insults which would also include deriving perverted pleasure, vicarious or sadistic thrill from actively or passively participating in the discomfiture to fresher or any other student;
9. Affecting the mental health and self-confidence of a fresher or any other student with or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher or any other student.
Who to Report any Incident of Ragging
All 1st year students are advised to contact the following institute authorities immediately to report any incident of ragging. All staff and faculty members and senior students will take effective steps to sop the menace of ragging and report incidents coming to their notice.
6. Lt Col. Yogesh Jain Deputy Director(Nodal Officer): 9812421123, 011-47052291
Any suggestion or information regarding ragging may also be given through Email at: firstname.lastname@example.org